Learning how to control premature ejaculation is something most men will have to deal with at some point.
If this occurs, it’s important to be prepared and understand why it happens and address it.
Let’s take an overall look at this condition:
Premature ejaculation is a sexual problem that takes place when: ejaculation and orgasm occur before initiating penetration or right after penetrating, uncontrollably and against a man’s will.
It’s a prevalent condition among the male gender. In fact, 1 in 3 sexually active men presents it. It produces low self-esteem, anxiety, nervousness, loss of confidence, and sexual dissatisfaction in both partners.
The main causes of this problem are psychological, although, on some occasions, it may be due to the consequence of some physical disorder.
In any case, it’s essential to identify the origin and see a specialist.
Can premature ejaculation be cured naturally?
To treat this condition, a series of exercises and techniques are usually recommended to help delay climax.
In today’s article, we show in detail how to control premature ejaculation naturally by revealing some of the best home remedies.
Causes of premature ejaculation
Men are considered to have premature ejaculation when ejaculation cannot be controlled and occurs before or just after penetration. This condition can be classified into:
- Primary premature ejaculation: it begins in adolescence and lasts for a long time. The patient cannot maintain a sexual relationship in which he manages to control ejaculation
- Secondary premature ejaculation: appears at any time and occurs in men who once were able to control ejaculation and have normal sexual relations
There are several causes of PE, and among them are those listed below:
- Psychological causes
- Anxiety and nervousness
- Loss of self-confidence
- Problems in the relationship
- Fear of not satisfying the woman or repeating a bad past sexual experience
- Physical causes
- A genetic disorder that alters sensitivity in the male reproductive organ.
- Urinary infections
- Neurological disorders
- Thyroid or adrenal gland problems
- Other transitory causes
- Having infrequent sexual relations
- Consumption of alcohol and/or drugs
- Taking some medications
- Accidents or trauma
There are different methods to treat premature ejaculation. The best strategy is to combine different techniques.
It’s always advisable to see a professional first to guide the premature ejaculation treatment, whose objective will be to delay ejaculation.
To achieve this, different exercises can be done or with your partner. Doing them correctly and progressively is key, in addition to being patient and perseverant.
There are also tips and tricks that can be applied during sex to delay ejaculation.
On the other hand, there are home remedies and natural products that can complement. Let’s take a look:
Exercises to avoid and control premature ejaculation
Effective alternatives include performing a series of exercises that help delay the moment of climax.
Providing a more satisfying and full sexual relationship. To obtain results, it’s imperative to be consistent in your performance.
One of the best exercises to delay ejaculation is learning to identify the pleasure felt before reaching climax. And to control the sensitivity of the penis.
Follow these steps:
- Start to masturbate, but stay focused only on pleasure and not on wanting to control ejaculation
- Before climaxing, stop masturbation and squeeze the area under the glans firmly with your thumb and index finger
- Relax a few seconds
- When the need to ejaculate is reduced, resume masturbation
As the moment of climax approaches, the heart rate increases, and breathing accelerates. Learning to control breathing is also a good way to lower your pulse and become ejaculatory controlled.
It would help if you only learned to breathe deeply and in a relaxed way, exhaling through the nose for 3 seconds and inhaling through the mouth for 3 long seconds.
Exercising the pubococcygeal or pelvic muscles using the Kegel technique helps strengthen that area and control ejaculation more easily.
- To identify these muscles, you should try to stop the flow of urine during urination. The pubococcygeal muscle is the only one that allows doing this
- Once identified, the Kegel exercise should be performed by contracting these muscles for a few seconds and then relaxing again
- About 20 repetitions can be done several times a day
Exercise during penetration
The perineum is the area between the testicles and the anus. Pressing hard when you feel the need to ejaculate can go a long way to help you last longer in bed and postpone the climax moment.
It’s important that the area is pressed and not massaged, since then the opposite effect could occur and increase pleasant sensations.
This exercise can be done with the help of your partner during sexual intercourse. Thus, when the man feels that he will ejaculate, the woman must press hard on her partner’s perineum to avoid ejaculation.
How to control premature ejaculation with home remedies
Psychological therapy and exercises like the previous ones are the most effective ways to solve the problem.
However, some natural products can help decrease the anxiety and nervousness that this condition causes and improve the male member’s blood circulation.
Let’s take a look at some of these natural remedies:
- Ginkgo biloba: originally from China, this plant allows us to relax the pelvic area’s muscles and increases blood flow to the penis, which helps to achieve and maintain longer erections. It also reduces stress and promotes body relaxation
- Ginger: helps to prolong the duration of erections by improving blood circulation throughout the penis; besides, it contributes to the release of endorphins, which are key to feeling a greater predisposition to sex and being more animated
- Clove: it has an anesthetic action that helps balance the nervous system and improve blood flow
- Chamomile: offers a soothing and relaxing effect when premature ejaculation is a consequence of stress, anxiety, or nervousness
- Include foods such as oatmeal, garlic, banana, watermelon, passion fruit, blueberries, avocado, papaya, celery, kiwi, etc., is also excellent to avoid premature ejaculation naturally and improve sexual performance
Other tricks to avoid PE
Amongst home remedies for premature ejaculation, there are additional tricks to control PE naturally:
- Change sexual posture during intercourse. Amongst the best sexual positions to delay ejaculation are the spoon, jellyfish, or the fusion
- Use a condom with retarding action during intercourse
- Masturbate before starting penetration
- Interleave penetration with oral or manual stimulation during sexual intercourse
- Apply a retardant cream to the penis to help delay the moment of orgasm
- Seek psychological advice
If premature ejaculation is a condition that occurs promptly, it shouldn’t be an alarm sign. If it becomes repetitive and prolonged, visit a sex therapist who can help identify the problem’s exact cause.
Once this is achieved, a recommendation for psychological treatment and therapy will be prescribed.
With adequate sexual education and good psychotherapy and behavioral therapy, it’s possible to overcome this situation and once again enjoy full and satisfactory sexuality.
Your comments, experiences, and feedback are greatly appreciated. Stay safe and healthy!